Our little girl is just over 3 weeks old. And how did we spend her 3 week old birthday yesterday. It all started with a nap which was awesome, then a diaper change and feeding. That's when the fun began. My first and probably not my last mommy mistake was opening a can of formula not realizing it was soy. So after one bottle before I realized and then switched to the other formula. Not to long after that she had to throw up. I hate these moments because I feel so bad, helpless that my little girl doesn't feel well. Either by my mistake or that she inhales her milk. She is a eating and growing girl. Fast forward to later that day and replay the same event from the morning. Second bath and wardrobe change later, it is bedtime and she gets fussy again. So with diaper changed, belly full, nothing was making her happy. So I laid her in her crib and turned on the mobile. She seemed relaxed and I wound up the mobile a little more just to turn my head away and hear the projectile spit up this time. This was her third bath and third wardrobe change, along with the sheets. By this time it is laundry time since all the blankets were soiled in the process.
After a lot of rocking, soothing and crying, she finally went to sleep. Just to reward her momma with a four hour sleep, to wake up for a diaper change and feeding to sleep an additional 2 1/2 hours. I am pretty sure that she was worn out by the events from earlier that day. But it was nice.
As I type this with one hand while holding me sleeping girl, I can't believe she is almost one month old. I am just loving and enjoying every moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment